Board of Directors
The Board of Directors meets during the months February to October, from 5:30 – 6:30pm on the 3rd Monday of each month, at the Pendleton Methodist Church.
In addition, a half-day planning retreat is scheduled in early January of each year, often followed up with a mid-year reassessment session in July. The Board of Directors and Officers are:
Officers of the Board
- Carol Burdette, President
- Rebecca Pokorny, Vice President
- Jackie Reynolds, Treasurer
- Tim Drake, Secretary
Directors of the Board
- Annette Buchanan
- Christine Tedesco
- Terence Hassan
- Powell Hickman
- Rick Owens
- Pam Patterson
- Chuck McCuen
- Ingrid Jackson
- Susan King
- Rhonda Gray
- Mary Orem
The following committees are open to all volunteer members and are typically directed by a board member. The purpose of these committees is to help meet the Foundation’s needs and work towards the objectives that promote educational services and help preserve the homes. Below is a brief explanation of each committee’s responsibilities. If you would like to volunteer to a committee, please contact us through our e-mail or phone number located in the Contact Us page under the About Us section.
- Ashtabula and Woodburn Site Committee – Ashtabula and Woodburn Site Committee are responsible for structural preservation projects, annual maintenance, site planning, and caring of the collections at the Foundation.
- Site Interpretation and Education Committee – Site Interpretation and Education Committee are accountable for house tours, volunteer training, and scheduling/developing projects in order to educate students about plantation culture and knowledge about the houses.
- Finance and Planning Committee – Finance and Planning Committee facilitates developing annual, financial, organizational plans, and budgets. They also manage grant development, financial oversight for other committee activities as well as financial reporting and stewardship for the Foundation.
- Programs, Special Events & Marketing Committee – Programs, Special Events and Marketing Committee are in charge of organizing historic reenactments and other events held at Ashtabula and Woodburn. This committee also assists in gift shop sales and the site and grounds marketing.
- Historic Pendleton Committee – Historic Pendleton Committee is responsible for community outreach on historic preservation issues such as providing education and assistance on development of preservation and conservation easements on historic structures. This committee also works with related organizations to provide education about historic preservations to the community.